Sunday, May 4, 2014

And so it begins...

When your child is first diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes (t1d), you feel as if your world had been turned upside down. The amount of worry can be overwhelming. The thought of, am I doing everything I can to keep him safe?  Am I checking his blood sugar enough?  Am I counting carbohydrates correctly?  Did I check my math enough times before I give him insulin? Will we be able to manage without the comfort of the nurses and doctors guiding us? What if he goes low?  What if he goes high?  What if his blood sugar goes too low at night and he doesn't wake up? What if?  What if? What if?  It just goes on and on!  

Then the day comes that changes everything.  The day that gives you hope!  Hope that one day you will have an extra layer of protection to help with the ever changing blood sugar of a five year old!  The day that Super Cutch arrives, to be your child's Diabetic Alert Dog!

Words cannot express the amount of gratitude we have for Agape Pet Services and Mid Atlantic Vet for making Super Cutch possible. We look forward to the journey that lies ahead!

"Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:  The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease."  Lamentations 3: 21-22

Meet the one and only, Cutch!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment